Nine Croydon Residents’ Associations combine to campaign against ‘partisan and predetermined’ planning decisions that have ‘angered Croydon residents across the borough’.
by Chris Jordan, Croydon Liberal Democrats
A petition to ‘restore the integrity of Croydon's deeply flawed Planning Committee’ has been launched supported by
- Tollers Estate Residents' Action Group
- Longheath Gardens Residents' Forum
- Auckland Rise Residents' Group
- Shrublands Residents' Association
- Coulsdon West Residents' Association
- Hartley and District Residents' Association
- Sanderstead Residents' Association
- Kenley and District Residents' Association
- Purley and Woodcote Residents' Association.
Citing ‘conflicts of interest’ and lack of transparency, the petition calls into question the council’s Brick by Brick project and objects to the ‘aggressive chairmanship’ by Cllr Paul Scott of the Planning Committee amid claims that elected representatives have been ‘gagged’. The petition calls for a full Council meeting and a three-point plan to be implemented, including a review of Planning Department guidance and decisions on Brick by Brick developments, together with an immediate public enquiry.
Croydon Liberal Democrats are backing the RAs and believe there should be meaningful consultations on local developments and greater community involvement in local decision-making in general.
Full petition here